On the Road
Curious Gallery 2016/photo: Dillon Pilorget/Oregonian
The museum's roadshow unit has a booth with sample exhibits, as well as books and prints for sale.
- Curious Gallery 2017
- Portland's annual celebration of all things wunderkammer, with esoteric presentations, purveyors of curiosities, and an art show! This year featured Corviid's monumental WunderKreature and a preview of the work-in-progress Portland Insectarium!
Curious Gallery 2016
- The curator was quoted in the Oregonian's coverage of the event. The diorama appears briefly in KOIN-TV's coverage
It's a good thing [the curator] was on the other side of the table, because this got me so excited that I probably would have humped his leg with glee otherwise. -- attendee Elizabeth Metz
- Curious Gallery 2015
- The curator made a presentation about the museum and was part of a panel discussion on "Morbid Curiosities"
Maker Faire - May 18-19, 2013
- San Mateo County Fairgrounds, San Mateo, CA
"The greatest show and tell on earth", this event showcases the modern do-it-yourself movement.
The museum presented a roadshow with emphasis on "Creating and curating your own museum".
Space was shared with Laura Mappin's Belly Button Museum
Book Arts Jam - October, 2010-2013
- Foothill College, 2010/2011; Lucie Stern Center, Palo Alto, 2012/2013
- This annual event is organized by the Bay Area Book Artists.
- The museum presented prints and books from the Zymoglyphic Museum Press as well as a sample of exhibits.
In Art Shows
Items fom the museum's collections have been included in a modest number of gallery shows
- "Mail/Art/Book" - February through April, 2014
- San Francisco Center for the Book
Mail art show including a Zymoglyphic Museum postcard
- "The Mushroom and Hot Dog Basement Show" - May 17-June 28, 2012
- Art show at Musee 16 in Los Angeles
Included a collage and a drawing from the museum's collections that had mushroom-like elements
- "Obsessions: Selected Personal Collections" - Sept. 27-Dec 4, 2008
- An exhibit at the Peninsula Museum of Art about local collectors and collections. It featured the museum's Xenophora collection as a collection of collectors.
- "Curiosity Cabinet of the Collective Unconscious" - 2005
- A repurposed library card catalog was refitted with miniature scenes in the drawers in place of the cards.
The museum contributed a "crustacean mini-diorama" The card catalog was on display at the Hive Gallery in August of 2005 and as part of the Funhouse at Burning Man 2005